Alice in Potterland [Contact
I recently graduated from university, so I should have more time on my hands to write. I'm currently studying for my test to become an English teacher. I love to write fanfiction and love to read it, so I hope you find my work worth your time, even if there isn't very much of it.
I also edit what I've already posted somewhat often, so it's always worth going back for a reread (which you'll probably want to do anyway since the time between chapter updates is considerable.)
I'm writing a single VERY LONG novel-of-a-thing called "the Sound Inside a Shell", which is a marauder-era fic mostly. It's been my brain-child for - oh.... - eight years or so. It's a slow and steady road, but I hope you'll find it worth the trip.
I'm ALSO writing a series of one-shots now, called "Portraits," which I started doing because I had a lot of ideas that I really didn't want to expound into long chaptered stories, but still wanted to tell, but also because I feel guilty for leaving so many people hanging between chapters of "Sound" so maybe this will appease you? I hope so!
I'm also working on a chaptered dystopian AU story inspired by the Handmaid's Tale called "Year of Our Lord," which, unlike Sound, you can expect to be posted and completed pretty quickly.
All in all, I respect and admire this community so much and am so in love with being a part of it. Please enjoy what I put out for you guys (anyone who writes without an audience is writing in the dark) and yes, I try ALWAYS to respond to reviews, even if it's late. If you've taken the time to read my work and write a reply to it, I think you deserve MY time in writing back.
Published so far:
- The Sound Inside a Shell (Prologue, Chapters 1, 2 ,and 3)
* The prologue of TSIAS has been edited for the FINAL time and is MUCH MUCH better (in my opinion) than it ever has been, so go take a look. Working on edits for the published chapters now.
- Portraits: Dudley Dursley (A Muggle's Address) - this won an award for something, apparently! I don't know what for or when, but thank you to anyone who helped make that possible!
- Portraits: Minerva McGonagall (Ouroboros) - this...is getting edited. Reviews are welcome if you have any particular suggestions to help me edit!
Works in progress:
- TSIAS (always)
- Portraits: Argus Filch, Mrs. Norris, Molly Weasley, Rubeus Hagrid, the Sorting Hat, Fred Weasley II - if you have a request, let me know in a review of any of my stories!
- "Year of Our Lord"
6th-7th Years •
“Lord Voldemort has never had a friend, nor do I believe that he has ever wanted one.”
-Dumbledore, HBP, ch 13
Dumbledore was rarely wrong, only once
did Lord Voldemort desire a friend. It started out as only a game, but became so much more…
This is the story of how the teenaged Tom Riddle met a unique individual and slipped from cold indifference, to affection, to friendship, to romance. Discover how even Voldemort’s cold and callow heart was once broken beyond repair. This is for anyone curious about how an imperfect love warped and twisted a corrupt young man into the Dark Lord.